Christ the magician?

All right. Bring it on.

Christ the magician?

Postby Paulyllama » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:48 am

Archaeologist find a bowl that says Christ the magician.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26972493/
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." Dali Lama
Capt Joh Parker on Lexington Green. “Stand your ground. Don’t fire first but if they want war then let it begin here.
Paulyllama
Second to None
Second to None

Postby Walt » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:48 am

Walt
Site Admin

Postby BerserkerGnome » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:48 am

If I may exspouse some idle ruminations. 1stly, "Christ" is not a name, it is the anglisization of the greek word for savior or messiah, "Christo." It literaly translates as "annointed one." Between that factor & the date spread given, roughly 189 BC to 49 AD, it is a bit of stretch to automaticaly assume the "Christ" on the bowl refers to the biblical Jesus. If one finds a Latin or Celtic reference to a "king" in the British Isle's, dated to between 400-700 AD, does it automaticaly refer to King Arthur? 2ndly, to me, the word "magician" bears closer scrutiny. Follow my logic: a magician is someone who performs "magic." Then what is magic? Here's one definition, "by force of will, compelling supernatural force(s) to alter reality." When the will is expressed through prayer & the supernatural force, God, we call this a "miracle." My point to all this? One possible tranlation to the script on the bowl is "the Savior who performs miracles." Hardly grounds to rewrite the history books. :feedback:
someone U trust is one of THEM
BerserkerGnome

Return to Religion