The Story

Surveys, quizzes and other silly stuff.

The Story

Postby Walt » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:40 pm

You've seen this before. It's an oldie but a goodie. Everyone gets to write The Story.

Do not post twice in a row. Let everyone in on the fun. Just pick up the story where it left off and write.
Walt
Site Admin

Postby Walt » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:41 pm

It was 4:30 in the afternoon on a Saturday. I was laying on the sofa, bored out of my mind.
Last edited by Walt on Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walt
Site Admin

Keeping it going

Postby wolfdagaz » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:09 pm

My brain felt like a cold dark shaft, plummeting down into a fathomless abyss.
wolfdagaz
Lucky Puppy
Lucky Puppy

Postby Walt » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:10 pm

The remote control was cold in my hand as I scrolled up and down through the channels. TMC was playing "The Abyss". Not being a big Bruce Willis fan , I settled on "Modern Marvels" on the History Channel. The episode was "Mines".
Walt
Site Admin

Postby cultistbyproxy » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:38 pm

In shock I saw the show was about Paris Hilton, how she thinks she owns everyhing.
The goverment does NOT create wealth, it shifts it around while taking a cut for its trouble
cultistbyproxy
VIP

Breaking news

Postby EYEMIDIOT » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:20 pm

When suddenly the screen flashed "BREAKING NEWS" ! The reporter came on the screen and started to talk , when there was a big boom and all the power went off!.
EYEMIDIOT
Groupie

Postby cultistbyproxy » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:32 am

Was it nature's wrath? Perhaps some kind of attack! Or did my neighbor simply have beans for dinner?
The goverment does NOT create wealth, it shifts it around while taking a cut for its trouble
cultistbyproxy
VIP

Postby Walt » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:57 pm

These things ran through my mind as I staggered to my front door. Afraid to open the door, I peered through the peep hole. My Dodge Neon was still parked on the street where I left it. It was engulfed in flames.

As I stared at what used to be my car, all I could think of was,

"What the fuck was Paris Hilton doing on the History Channel?"
Walt
Site Admin

Postby fourlages » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:36 pm

As I began to scratch my belly, I realized the remote in my hand was the new universal I had just bought. The Damn thing had a fire button on it. What the hell did I do? Could such a thing be for real? Slowly, I raised my arm & aimed at the neighbors back-firing "78 Chevy Silverado. Evil thoughts ran through my core, could I do it or not? Every morining great clouds of smoke issued from the tail-pipe, followed by an enormously loud back-firing. It was fucking hell to wake up to that beast.

Suddenly I felt a flow of energy.
"I would rather have a lucky general than a smart general ... They win battles, and they make me lucky." Dwight D. Eisenhower
fourlages
Lucky Puppy
Lucky Puppy

Postby hornebunee » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:49 pm

then i realized i was holding down the level up button. i let it go and pointed the cold remote at my unusually hairy belly and pressed rewind....
hornebunee

Postby EYEMIDIOT » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:17 pm

and the hair on my belly disapeared, and my body shrunk to a normal size . and than i reliezed i was from mars and the boom i heard was my mothership landing on my car.
HAPPY YOUR CANADATE WON ????
EYEMIDIOT
Groupie

Postby wolfdagaz » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:35 pm

Thinking that either Tom Cruise might start jumping on my couch any minute, or I had accidentally mixed my medications again, I looked behind me to see my love seat starting to try and live up to it's name with the recliner. This was too much and I ran to the back of the house in a panic...afraid the furniture might come after me next.
wolfdagaz
Lucky Puppy
Lucky Puppy

Postby cultistbyproxy » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:49 am

I blindly pressed buttons on my remote. One, zero, two, eight, two, nine, replay. The world spun and for a moment grew dim Now I stood in the heart of a city. But it looked "wrong." Sounded "wrong." Even smelled "wrong." Ancient cars, strange clothes and everyone in a panic. I looked up at the cry of "I'm ruined!!!" and watched a man wearing a decades old business suit leap to his death. Now the world shifted again.
cultistbyproxy
VIP

Postby fourlages » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:54 pm

Well! My ass finally looks great again.

But what the hell is goin on? Glassy surfaces seem to be repealing & bouncing off the signal. Things right now don't seem to be "wrong". I looked around, and I quickly assessed my situation. Things seemed to of calmed down. I looked out the back kitchen window. The sun was beginning to sink down behind the familiar mountainous range I called home. My ears began to buzz, my finger was tingling, & my feet were poised to spring forward. Just as I leaned into the dining room, I caught a glimpse of movement from behind the kitchen window. Who the hell could that be sneaking around the house?

Hastily, I retreated into the receeding shadows. Cenitmetre by centimetre I began to peer around the corner, heart pounding in my ears. I had a death grip around my remote, my thumb was millimetres above the fire button, ready to depress at any nanosecond. I must control my breathing!

I caught a now familiar sight. The silhouette framed dead centre of the kitchen window was none other than my ass-hole neighbor, Lowell Baker. There was no mistaking that big fat nose & large rubbery ears. I could tell that egg head a mile off. What was he fiddling with now? I could see a faint glint of dull silver in one of his hands. It looked suspiciously just like my remote. Damn him to pieces. Things were beginning to make sense now. One thought raged behind my eyes, this went war! :twisted:
"I would rather have a lucky general than a smart general ... They win battles, and they make me lucky." Dwight D. Eisenhower
fourlages
Lucky Puppy
Lucky Puppy

Postby BerserkerGnome » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:19 pm

The rage swelled within me so pure my vision shaded crimson. "Think fast!" I said to myself. Pause, rewind, stop, menu, off. The choices cascaded through my mind. In a burst of inspiration I mashed down the volume+ button. The breeze outside suddenly sounded like a hurricane. the drip of the faucet a crash of a 30 ft wave on a beach. A dog's barking was transformed into a battery of artillery firing. My opponent's eyes grew wide as he franticaly glanced at his remote searching for a specific button. Just as his eyes locked on his goal and his thumb extended I shouted "STOP!!!" with all my lung power.
Dust settled and lying yards beyond my now blown out wall lay Lowell, blood dripping from his nose, ears and mouth as he moaned softly. I walked up chuckling, "couldn't find the mute fast enough, could you?" I said as I pointed my remote at his head and placed my finger on cancel.
someone U trust is one of THEM
BerserkerGnome

Return to Other Fun Stuff